[ltp] Noisy fan on T42

Konstantin Filtschew linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:52:46 +0100

--Signature_Mon__14_Mar_2005_16_52_46_+0100_PPTLTR0wPsuBEaZN

hi,

Linux doesn't control the fan, it's the ibm bios, which control the fan.
We try only to reduce the temperature through bios, so the bios stops
the fan, thats the problem. Controlling the fan is still not possible
for T40 and later as far as I know.

Greetz

Konstantin