[ltp] problems with memory upgrade

Stefan Blum linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:56:27 +0100

Hi, the RAM finally arrived - it has ibm stickers on it, part number is
33L3069. The seller said it would work in X20's, and feedback from other
customers indicated that they got it workin in X20's.
The problem is, once I install the memory and power up the system, the screen
stays blank and the notebook beeps 4 times - then nothing.

Any idea on whats wrong? google does not come up with what the 4 beeps mean...

Cheers,

Stefan