[ltp] Wireless Card

Vijay Garla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:31:44 +0100

Hi,

madwifi for 2.4 requires kernel 2.4.22 or higher (I believe).  Check
your kernel version before deciding on madwifi (i'm lazy - i prefer to
use stock kernels from a distro, as opposed to building them myself).  I
started out with suse 8.2, and madwifi wouldn't compile (I believe
kernel 2.4.20).

The wlan works ok; it sometimes takes ages to find an access point and
get a dns address.  In public places  with a lot of noise, i don't find
the ap, let alone get an ip.

I would go for wlan supported by the very mature prism modules.

cheers,

vijay