[ltp] problems with memory upgrade

Michael Perry linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:28:11 -0800

Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 17:56:27 +0100, Stefan Blum wrote:
>
>>Hi, the RAM finally arrived - it has ibm stickers on it, part number
>>is 33L3069. The seller said it would work in X20's, and feedback from
>>other customers indicated that they got it workin in X20's. The
>>problem is, once I install the memory and power up the system, the
>>screen stays blank and the notebook beeps 4 times - then nothing.
>>
>>Any idea on whats wrong? google does not come up with what the 4
>>beeps mean...
>

> When I bought my T23, I built in a 512 MB module and after powering it
> on, it only beeps a few times, maybe it was 4 times. I took out the RAM
> modules again and re-insterted them, and it worked. I realized that one
> of them wasn't inserted right.
>
> Regards,
> Tino

Same thing here on my T23.  First time I installed the 512mb of memory
in the doorway, perhaps I felt rather challenged or afraid :)  Fact is,
it was not seating in the holder completely so when the t23 booted it
complained loudly by beeping.

You may want to open things back up and reseat the memory.

--
Michael Perry | do or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org