[ltp] T23/debian/2.6.10 CD/DVD hard hang after sleep

Alex Iliev linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:20:41 -0500

Hello,

After apparent success with ACPI sleep (S3) using debian kernel 2.6.10, I
had the misfortune of trying to read a CD after waking up. The disc spins up
and kind of starts going, and then a few seconds later the machine hangs
hard, reboot needed, no response even to SysRq. It works fine before sleep.
I have the standard "hdc: DW-28E, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive", without any
ide_scsi. I did try to unload modules cdrom and ide_cd before sleep, but it
didn't help.

The kernel log doesn't have anything related to the hang.

Does anyone have any ideas about what this is? And perhaps how I can
increase the verbosity of the kernel logging, it might yield a clue.

Thanks a lot

Alex