[ltp] was working now wlan card not seen... different subject... 770XY sound MIDI works!!!

Bert Haskins linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:00:41 -0500

--------------010302050506050407000707

Eben King wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Bert Haskins wrote:
>

>>>I was well into installing fc2 on one of my 770s (x) when I had to
>>>shutdown.
>>>FWIW fc3 seems to have problems with some sound apps
>>>I had been adding and updating with apt-get for over three hours with
>>>no problems.
>>>After restarting the wlan pcmcia card is not recognized.
>>>In fact, I've tried three different wless cards and none are recognized.
>>>Cardctl "ident" says " open_sock(): No such device"
>>>There are no "beeps" when inserting and extracting a card.
>>>Also no lights on the card.
>>>

>>I have now found out that if I enter:
>>//////
>>modprobe yenta_socket
>>service pcmcia restart
>>/////
>>my wlan is back.
>>Any ideas what is killing the sockets?
>>

>Simple question -- is your NIC a PCMCIA card?  Sounds like it is, but one

Yes, in fact it's a cardbuss.
Before the
      modprobe yenta_socket
I got messages that cardmgr said that there were no slots
     Bert

>can never be sure.

--------------010302050506050407000707

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Eben King wrote:<br>
 cite="midPine.LNX.4.44.0503151127121.27636-100000@pc.tampabay.rr.com">
  <pre wrap="">On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Bert Haskins wrote:

  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">I was well into installing fc2 on one of my 770s (x) when I had to
shutdown.
FWIW fc3 seems to have problems with some sound apps
I had been adding and updating with apt-get for over three hours with
no problems.
After restarting the wlan pcmcia card is not recognized.
In fact, I've tried three different wless cards and none are recognized.
Cardctl "ident" says " open_sock(): No such device"
There are no "beeps" when inserting and extracting a card.
Also no lights on the card.
      </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I have now found out that if I enter:
//////
modprobe yenta_socket
service pcmcia restart
/////
my wlan is back.
Any ideas what is killing the sockets?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Simple question -- is your NIC a PCMCIA card?  Sounds like it is, but one </pre>
Yes, in fact it's a cardbuss.<br>
Before the &nbsp;&nbsp; <br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; modprobe yenta_socket<br>
I got messages that cardmgr said that there were no slots<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Bert<br>