[ltp] Last desperate attempt to show off my Debian Thinkpad at aconference

Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:31:25 +0100

--=-1rzXTlM7U4Ao7Sf3ZyRS

Hi,

> > Okay. So I assume that means the second head needs to be connected when
> > X starts, for it to be recognized? Is it possible to restart X to detec=
> > the new screen, without killing all the running applications on the
> > existing screen?
>=20
> since X is not dynamically re-configurable, you can only have one
> configuration per instance.  if you want to change it, you have to
> restart X.  restarting X will disconnect all your X clients.

I know this thread is a bit old, but it just came to my mind that xmove
might be a solution to those problems. To my knowing it could be used to
keep the clients active while shutting down and restarting the X server,
since it's working like a X proxy.

Andr=E9.

--=-1rzXTlM7U4Ao7Sf3ZyRS

--=-1rzXTlM7U4Ao7Sf3ZyRS--