[ltp] R51: CPU-temp, fan-speed, etc.

=?utf-8?Q?Ignacio_Fern=C3= A1ndez_Galv?= =?utf-8?Q?= C3=A1n?= linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:50:43 +0100

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:21:57 +0100, Dorpmüller <dorpmueller@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Since the usage of lmsensors is not recommended on Thinkpads it would be
> nice to have a recommendation for grabbing CPU-temp, fan-speed, etc. on a
> Thinkpad R51.The issue is that I´d like to pass the data to the
> cynapses-karamba-theme in KDE.

I have a R51 and I read the temperature (I don't know whether it's cpu,
motherboard or what) with gkrellm. All I did was, I believe, loading the
speedstep-centrino kernel module (a "bug" caused automatic recognition not
to work). I guess you get more temperature data with recent ibm-acpi
patches, but now I'm just using the standard Mandrake 10.1 installation
and kernel.