[ltp] Re: Linux-Thinkpad digest, Vol 1 #831 - 32 msgs

chris linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:15:20 +1100

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 12:01 +0100,
linux-thinkpad-request@linux-thinkpad.org wrote:

> On Monday 14 March 2005 04:02 pm, chris wrote:
> > I am trying to get my R50 to use the external screen which uses
> > 1280x1024 resolution rather than my native screen with 1024x768
> > resolution.
>
> Check out the following thread that took place here not too long ago.
> If you
> have questions afterwards, please let us know.
>
> http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2005-February/024199.html
>
> Shaw

Thanks for the pointer, I have basically copied the final copy of the
sample file and added in Option "MonitorLayout" "CRT", and it worked.
Then I was back tracing look for the problem with my oringial setup, and
found out that the reason the external screen isn't showing at its max
resolution is because I had the wrong refresh rate for both horizontal
and vertical.

According to the link, it seems to me that it's possible to use one card
and output to two differnt resolution at the same time? or I have
misinterpreted?