[ltp] INTEL PRO 2200BG 802.11 b/g wireless LAN mini-PCI card

Elliot F linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 03:04:53 -0800

Alejandro Bonilla wrote:
> Hi SP san,
>
>    You cannot put any adapter in your minipci. IBM has a whitelist of
> adapters that are allowed with them and fcc's. They try to make people
> avoid breaking the law.
>
>    Anyway, ahh, let me know if you can't get it to work. :)
>
> - Alejandro
>

> s p wrote:
>
>> What to do if the mini-pci wi-fi card you have produces the following
>> BIOS-generated message:
>>
>> 1802 Unauthorized network card is plugged in. Power off and remove the
>> Mini PCI network card.
>>
>> Read this:
>>
>> http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~mjg59/thinkpad/wireless.html

Did you read the URL?  It appears you can disable the check.  I didn't bother
trying my NIC without setting the bit, so I don't know if it's incompatible.

Try that code first.  You may need to remove the NIC in order to get it to boot
so you can set the bit.

Elliot