[ltp] Re: Keyboard hang on resume from RAM

Daniel Stodden linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:25:51 +0100

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 00:36 -0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> So, I do unload some modules already. Am I missing one?

uh, oh. that comes unexpected. i was totally convinced it was due to the
hci drivers.
checking the hibernate blacklist on my debian system, that leaves me
with one single suspect left: psmouse.

rethinking that: looks even more probable, since iirc psmouse hooks into
the serio layer pretty much the same way atkbd does.

could you add psmouse to your list of unloaded modules as well? please
tell me you did not try that already :)

i've done about 20 suspend/wake sequences since yesterday with no single
glitch so far. so i'm still almost certain i've found the procedure to
get rid of that keyboard issue.

btw, what distribution are you running?

[i cc to ltp, hope you don't mind.]

thanks,