[ltp] ibm-acpi-0.11

Borislav Deianov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 03:22:31 -0800

Hi,

Another two months without an update, but I promise this one was worth
waiting for.

This is release 0.11 of my ACPI driver for IBM Thinkpad laptops. The
features currently supported are:

        - Fn key combinations
        - Bluetooth enable and disable
        - video output switching, expansion control
        - ThinkLight on and off
        - limited docking and undocking
        - UltraBay eject
        - CMOS control
        - LED control
        - ACPI sounds
        - temperature sensors
        - Experimental: embedded controller register dump
        - Experimental: LCD brightness control
        - Experimental: volume control
        - Experimental: fan speed, fan enable/disable

New in this release:

        - support for the 600e, 600x, 770e, 770x, G41
        - drop experimental status from temperature sensors
        - drop experimental status from low-level led mode on some models
        - experimental brightness control
        - experimental volume control
        - experimental fan enable/disable

As you see, I'm starting to add support for more older models. The
ones listed above have reasonably complete ACPI implementations while
others don't. In particular, I wasn't able to do anything useful for
the 240, 240x and iSeries 1400. If you'd like to try ACPI on your
older Thinkpad, send me a DSDT.

Speaking of DSDTs, I'm still looking for the following models: A20p,
A22e, A22m, R52, S31, T43, T43p, X21, X23. If you own or have access
to one of these, please get in touch.

About the brightness, volume and fan enable/disable features: thanks
goes to Jerome Poggi for giving me the idea how to do them. See the
README for the full details.

http://ibm-acpi.sf.net/

Enjoy,
Boris