[ltp] I must rerun alsaconf before using xmms.

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:51:22 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Francois Maltey wrote:

> 1/ I chose plugin ALSA - libALSA.so in xmms by typing [Ctrl V].
> not ess, not esound driver.
>
> 2/ I discard the sound server in gnome : /preference/sound.
>
> I run alsactl store.
>
> What is the better sound driver : ess, alsa or essound ?
> I don't change any boot program.

ALSA, since it runs in kernel space and the others run in user space.

--
-eben      ebQenW1@EtaRmpTabYayU.rIr.OcoPm      home.tampabay.rr.com/hactar
An ASCII character walks into a bar and orders a double. "Having a bad day?"