[ltp] R51: ATI powerplay support for XFree86 4.3 ??

Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:15:20 -0500

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:06:57 +0100, Thomas Breitner <debian@tombreit.de> wr=
ote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 17.03.2005, 16:33 -0500 schrieb Alex Deucher:
> > On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:17:48 +0000, Florian Dorpmueller
> > <dorpmueller@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi Alex,
> > >
> > > I found the sources of XFree86. Can you give me some more
> > instructions how
> > > to backport powerplay support (which files to change, how to build
> > the
> > > drivers..)? I will try to build them and perhaps later provide the
> > result
> > > here.
> >
> > these patches should pretty much give you what you need.
> >
> > initial patch I applied to xorg:
> > http://www.botchco.com/alex/xorg/dynamicclocks.diff
> > fix some bugs with the above patch:
> > http://www.botchco.com/alex/xorg/dynclocks.patch
> >
> > let me know if you have any questions.
> >
> > Alex
>=20
> Hi Alex,
>=20
> I've got the same *problem*, got the
> debian-sarge-xserver-xfree86-sources and *found* the debian-patch-dir:
> xfree86-4.3.0.dfsg.1/debian/patches/
>=20
> with tons (198) of debian-patches in it. There must be some kind of
> *naming-scheme*, like: 099o_ati_radeon_fix_SEGV_in_display_query.diff.
>=20
> I'm not familiar with modifying these deb's, but perhaps it is as simple
> as putting own patches with correct name in this dir and recompile/build
> the *patched* deb.
> Some debianers here? please correct me and post some hints about how to
> do it the debian way...

I'm not really familiar with how debian does it's xfree86 packages.=20
someone else more familiar with debian may want to comment.

>=20
> Ok, if my assumptions are true, it would be easier when we get your
> patchset combined in only one patch(?). Is this possible?

yeah it would be realy easy to combine my patches.  the second one
just corrects a bit in one of the regs and then only enables/disables
dynamic clocks for mobility chips and only on crtc2.

Alex