[ltp] How to suspende R50e under Linux 2.6.(9,10,11,?)?

Ingo van Lil linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:09:30 +0100

On 18 Mar 2005, Pawel Topa wrote:

> To bo honest, computers goes sleep but never resumes. Just
> print "Stopping tasks |===========|, which is propably printed on
> suspending.
>
> I have kernel 2.6.11 without any patches. ibm_acpi from kernel sources.
> I was trying with acpi_sleep=s3_bios added.

Do you have an Intel video card? In that case you probably ran into
exactly the same problem as me. Try again without the acpi_sleep boot
parameter and your ThinkPad will probably come back from sleep, only the
video card and X server won't.
I don't know any solution yet. Guess we'll have to wait for better
kernel support for our card (intelfb seems to be new in 2.6.10).

        Cheers,
            Ingo