[ltp] Worse performance after reinstall?

Tomek Jarzynka linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:34:54 +0100

Hi,

I've recently swapped Mandrake for gentoo (a clean reinstall).
I grabbed cvs versions of xorg, drm and Mesa, installed them
according to the wiki manual, the logs seems fine and I am not
getting ~500fps with glxgears, whereas I was getting close to
1200fps on my previous installation.
Why is that? Is there anything I might have overlooked? DRI
is loaded by the X server and I have HyperZ enabled, as well
as AGP 4x. I am using 16bpp just as in Mandrake.

Could this be due to some changes in glxgears that just make
it run slower? :)=20
On the other hand, SimCity 4 under Cedega works fine, but
maybe it could run even faster...?

Thanks in advance :)

=2D-=20
tomasz k. jarzynka / 601 706 601 / tomee(a-t)kadu(d-o-t)net

"Satyry, kt=F3re rozumie cenzor s=B1 s=B3usznie zakazane.
			-- Karl Kraus"