[ltp] USB died on my T42p

David Ayers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:02:36 -0600

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 10:19:45 +0100
"Matthias Himber" <sowd3xw02@sneakemail.com> wrote:

> IS it only USB2 or all USB? Try removing the ehci driver and see if it
> works. I had that problem three months ago on my T40p and it resulted
> in a complete Motherboard failure within 2 weeks.
> As always, if you can reproduce the symptoms in Windows the IBM
> shouldn't give you any warranty trouble at all.
> HTH,
> 	Matthias

Thanks for your helpful response (and thanks to Joel, Jon and Daniel, as
well). I'll try removing the ehci driver to see if it's a USB2 problem.
Either way I think I had better not let much grass grow under my feet
before call IBM.

I'll force myself to spend some time in WinXP to be sure that the usb
is dead-dead-dead, and then call IBM. I'm only a couple of months into my
3-year warranty, so shouldn't have any trouble. (I *knew* there was a
reason that I didn't nuke the windows!)

Dave

--
David Ayers