[ltp] Has anybody witten mails to ati for their bad drivers ?

Michael Gaber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:32:22 +0100

Alejandro Bonilla wrote:

| Tasmanian D wrote:
|
|> Nils wrote:
|>
|>> Hello there,
|>> has anybody written mails to ati for their bad drivers ? (e.g. FireGL
|>> T2)
|>

| They know they SUCK.
|
|>> Who needs a notebook driver without resume support ? This problem is
|>> now over an year old !!!
|>> I think this is my last computer with an ati card....
|>> Nils
|>

|> .
|> Unfortunately not too many Thinkpads around WITHOUT ATI cards :-(
|

| ??????????? Almost all the IBM's use ATI Cards.
|
|> Not only suspend is not supported but when I last tried with 8.08.25
|> TV-out was working only in terms of showing something on TV but not in
|> terms of showing something readable.
|

| I hate the ATI drivers, SO I rather not use 3D. Anyway, why don't you
| create a script to remove the ati module ; suspend ; and when back then
| load the module again.?? I have no idea if you can do this? I do it with
| other stuff that prevent me from suspending.

well, what use would suspend have if i had to kill my x-server first?
if i kill my x i could also halt the system, it wouldn't take much more
time to boot it totally, than to resume from disk