[ltp] Has anybody witten mails to ati for their bad drivers ?

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:00:54 -0500

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:40:25 -0500
Mike Kershaw <dragorn@nerv-un.net> wrote:

> In my experience, anything using the X.org DRI module from 6.8.0 and
> above will not suspend to disk and come back in one piece.  Disable 3d,
> and it mostly works, though I've also experienced what appears to be
> loss of 2d acceleration (extremely extremely slow redraws until I
> restart X).

Using xorg 6.8.1 here with the xorg radeon DRI module and I can suspend
to disk or RAM and wake up again.  This is on a Thinkpad X22, though.  Not
the most modern or fastest hardware, but DRI *does* work with
suspend/resume.

I use APM instead of ACPI, though.  I'm not sure if that has anything to
do with it.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/