[ltp] USB died on my T42p

Meidinger Chris linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:21:45 +0100

 Hi David and All,

this happened to my t42p for the second time in as many months, and i got an
IBM tech that i know pretty well and he told me this is a series problem.

Any motherboards replaced after the end of January 2005 should be fine,
motherboards produced before then are subject to these problems.

IBM won't bat an eye when you tell them your USB is gone, and they should
have someone out to replace it within a day or two.

(Also, the symptoms are exactly right: your usb hubs will be detected, but
there is no hotplug event when you connect a device.)

Cheers,

Chris