[ltp] Worse performance after reinstall?

Michal Trzcinski linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:00:49 +0100

Dnia sobota, 19 marca 2005 22:24, Tomek Jarzynka napisa=B3:
TJ> I've recently swapped Mandrake for gentoo (a clean reinstall).
TJ> I grabbed cvs versions of xorg, drm and Mesa, installed them
TJ> according to the wiki manual, the logs seems fine and I am not
TJ> getting ~500fps with glxgears, whereas I was getting close to
TJ> 1200fps on my previous installation.
TJ> Why is that? Is there anything I might have overlooked? DRI
TJ> is loaded by the X server and I have HyperZ enabled, as well
TJ> as AGP 4x. I am using 16bpp just as in Mandrake.

Did you remember abt "tilling" patch? I remember that you have used this pa=
tch on Mandrake. Mayby this is a problem with your performance?

Tell me something about Gentoo after install:
1) is performance inrceased (i mean loading and running X.org and other app=
s)
2) what was your installation time?
3) have you any problems with install any apps (i mean error when compile)?
4) do you have Centrino? what is your compilation flags?

"pozdrowka", jz