[ltp] nautilus unusably slow when ipw2200 loaded

Marcus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:06:54 -0800

Hi list,

I've installed debian sarge on my new T42p and am running into problems
with the wireless networking/nautilus.
I am running kernel 2.6.10 from debian/unstable, XFree86 4.3 with the
closed source drivers from ati, gnome 2.6 and ipw2200 version 1.0.1.
When the wireless network is disabled the system runs fine, but after
# iwconfig eth1
# ifup eth1
nautilus runs very slow. It doesn't crash, but opening a folder or a new
windows takes about 20 minutes.
Has anybody else also observed this behavior or got an idea how to fix
it? I don't know how to trace this one down, so any help would be
greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need any logfiles.

Cheers,
Marcus