[ltp] Fullscreen and scaling...

Ignacio Fernández Galván linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:55:12 +0100

Hi,

I have an R51 1829-R6G with Mandrake 10.1 installed, and I'm having a
strange effect with a program called ScummVM (www.scummvm.org). It can run
old adventure games at several resolutions (1x, 2x or 3x), in a window or
in fullscreen; and it can correct the aspect ratio of some games which
were originally designed for non-square pixels.

OK, so the problem comes when I try to run a game at 640x400 resolution
(2x, no aspect correction) in fullscreen, it's automatically resized
(stretched) to 640x480, which is what should happen with aspect correction
enabled, so here the aspect ratio correction does nothing (it's always
enabled). This doesn't happen at 1x or 3x magnifications, where I can see
the game stretched or unstretched, so I think this must be something
related to the videocard or Xorg.

I have deactivated the "resize" option in the BIOS (I don't see the boot
proccess at fullscreen, but in a small centered "window", but it looks
like this resize is being applied anyway under X. Is other people having
the same effect? Are there any options I could try in the xorg.conf file?

Thanks in advance