[ltp] R51: ATI powerplay support for XFree86 4.3 ??

Florian Dorpmueller linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:29:19 +0000

Hi Thomas,

it seems that the patches that are promoted on
http://bloc.balearweb.net/post/18/2334 are pretty old. But nevertheless they
work.

I also have asked Alex Deutcher if he would be able to provide newer patches
and he recommended me two patches:

>http://www.botchco.com/alex/xorg/dynamicclocks.diff
>fix some bugs with the above patch:
>http://www.botchco.com/alex/xorg/dynclocks.patch

But they have to be adopted for XFree86. I haven't done this so far. At the
moment I'm still happy with the xorg-drivers. For me they work as well as
the drivers made by Alejandro Sobrino.

If you know someone who is willing to bring the better xorg-funcionality to
xfree86, a lot of people will be happy.

Have fun,
Flori