[ltp] Resolution 1400x1050 but max window size 1280x1024?

Jeff linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:18:56 -0700 (MST)

Hi all,

I figured this one out.  Thanks for the idea of trying out Knoppix...it gave me
the idea.

I've been using the twm window manager for many, many, many years now and it
turns out that that was where the problem was.  I tried loading a different
window manager (gnome) and I was able to use full size windows.  So after some
searching, I found that sometime in the distant past, when 1400x1050 screens
on a laptop were just plain unheard of, I apparently added the following line
to my .twmrc file:

MaxWindowSize         "1280x1024"

I updated it with the correct resolution and it worked like a champ.  I'll file
this in the Duh folder :-).

Thank you very much!

-Jeff

NOTE: Any personal or contact information is not to be sold or
      used for solicitation.