[ltp] ibm x30 internal wireless

Michael Moyle linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 02 May 2005 04:07:10 +0900

Hi,

I am wondering if any  on has gotten this chipset to work on the x30:

Network controller: Intersil Corporation Prism 2.5 Wavelan chipset (rev
01)

I have found a few sites that claim to have the wlan-ng driver working,
but it did not properly detect the controller when I tried it. Anyhow,
if anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
Maybe I was not doing something right after installing wlan-ng.

For example, the module prism2_pci is loaded, but this is what I get
from ifconfig -a :

wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:00:00:00:00:00
          BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
          Interrupt:11 Memory:d807a000-d807b000

There is no MAC address. And I was unable to get kismet to work with
this. Will another program work with it in this state?

cheers,
Michael