[ltp] Thinkpad Linux Certification by IBM

Peter Denno linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 30 Apr 2005 23:36:54 -0400

On Friday 29 April 2005 22:27, D. Sen wrote:
> Anyone seen this:
>
> http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=psg1MIGR-48NT8D&rs=100
>
> Notably missing from the T42p is any mention of the problems with
> DRI/Suspend....
>
> DS

Hi,

I have had a T42p now for just a few weeks, and I am experiencing problems
with swsusp hanging on suspend. I think the problem occurs when swsusp
switches to another vt, because I can cause a similar hang sometimes just by
switch to VT 1 using Cntl-Alt F1.

I had the very same symptoms with a Dell C800 with ATI graphics and it was
enough to comment out lines in the XF86Config that referenced DRI. In my
current xorg.config file (I'm using SuSE 9.2 now) the only thing mentioning
DRI is:

#Section "DRI"
#    Group      "video"
#    Mode       0660
#EndSection

But commenting that out hasn't been sufficient. Does that disable DRI? Is
there more to it? It sounds like this group is well aware of the problem but
googling didn't produce anything particular to this laptop.

The FAQ on DRI on sourceforge has an entry just on the DRI VT switching
problem however:
http://dri.sourceforge.net/old/faq/faq_display.phtml?id=48

Does this group have more specific advice. I'm kind of lost with the
discussion provided in the DRI FAQ.

--
- Best regards,
   Peter