[ltp] Replacement Drive for T30?

Michael B Allen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 2 May 2005 23:21:03 -0400 (EDT)

Dean Hedin said:
> I am not certain what you did when you install your RH Linux.  Did you
> overwrite everything?

I don't recall what I did but I seem to recall half-clobbering the
existing Windows 2000 partition and then used the IBM restore tool on the
system partition to fix it. Then I had the room for RH.

If possible I would like to have Windows XP on the new drive too. But I
must admit I have no idea how I'm going to get there from a blank disk. I
don't think I want to clone things though. Can I clone the W2K partition?
Won't Windows Update choke? I have to look at what software came with the
Thinkpad.

Mike