[ltp] Lightening Debian

Hugo Santiago Carrer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 3 May 2005 19:46:13 -0300

On 5/3/05, Brian D. Ropers-Huilman <bropers@cct.lsu.edu> wrote:
>=20
> You can also compile on other machines or trivially setup a distcc farm
> that dramatically reduces compile times. Heck, you can setup distcc so th=
at
> _none_ of the actual compilation takes place on the local node, it is all
> done over the network on other boxen. Gentoo is =FCber flexible in this r=
egard.
>=20

I think we are getting OT here. I mean, we have gotten to a point
where we are suggesting bulding a distcc farm to compile the OS for a
rather small notebook.
Is it just me or it would be cheaper & faster just buying a new laptop?.

I think we should try to help the guy in the easiest and painless way.

2 cents

> Christopher Sawtell said the following on 2005.05.03 16:10:
> > On Wed, 04 May 2005 06:36, jeff wrote:
> >
> >>On Tuesday 03 May 2005 11:25, Brian D. Ropers-Huilman wrote:

> --
>=20

--=20
Ing. Hugo S. Carrer
Laboratorio de Comunicaciones Digitales UNC
Tel./Fax: +54 351-4334147 Int.105
http://lcd.efn.uncor.edu
-----
Never seem more learned than the people you are with.=20
Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden.=20
Do not pull it out to count the hours,=20
but give the time when you are asked. -Lord Chesterfield