[ltp] Re: Dual Output Displays (works, but resolution and peformance problems)

Mark Stosberg linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 03 May 2005 22:18:29 -0500

http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Download#head-55420c59a1c2e9a70f07a6fa02f0d228ffb87b76

> Thanks for the tip.
>
> Here's how I got these binaries to install:

I did get dual-head to work tonight! I had to make a couple of changes to my
xorg.conf file:

For both screens I changed the DefaultColorDepth to 16 from 24. I couldn't
really tell a different.

I also set 'Options "NoAccel" in my device sections.

Then to test it, I switched a virtual console with Ctrl-Alt-F1 and logged in
as root. I restarted the X-server like this:

# telinit 3
# telinit 5

It works as expected, with a couple of less important issues left to
resolve:

- The external LCD is only working 1024x768 instead of it's larger native
resolution.

- DVD playback is a litte choppy. Perhaps I'm missing a detail in my
xorg.conf file that helps with this.

Thanks!

   Mark