[ltp] Using the external VGA on X40

Martin Samuelsson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 4 May 2005 11:32:58 +0200

Adam Goode @ 2005-05-02 (Monday), 09:57 (-0400)
> "xrandr -s 0" seems to reinitialize just the right bits to fix that
> problem on my machine. (At least until I switch the display again.)

Thanks! That works for me too.

Doing the proper fix with ripping code out of X.org i guess has to be
done by someone else then, if at all worth it. Now sarge is frozen and
that hopefully means X.org will enter Debian in a few months anyway.

If only i could get Fn-F7 to generate an ACPI event... (echoing 0x0040
to /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey does not cut it) Maybe it's related with that
Fn-F4 stops working sometimes? (Which is a bit annoying)
--
/Martin