[ltp] Direct Video on TV with S-Video

Mike Kershaw linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 5 May 2005 17:07:26 -0400

--0lnxQi9hkpPO77W3

> I have no idea about this theme, and maybe someone could help me... I
> want to connect the laptop with the converter, so I can connect the RCA
> (the yellow wire) and then connect also the RCA to the TV in-RCA
> connector. Then the TV knows I have done something and changes the
> channel to AV3, so I start my computer but nothing of my laptop appear
> on the TV.

My understanding is that the little svideo->rca adapters that come with
video cards are NOT really svid to rci.  They just extract another pin
out of the video card side (similar to DVI->VGA adapters just pulling
the analog pins into a VGA connector).

You actually need a converter box to go to RCA.

I could be mistaken, but, all the adapters I've seen aren't really
converting.  Svid is fairly different from RCA.

Not that this solves your basic problem of getting a signal to the
svideo output in the first place.

-m

--=20
Neuroses are red,