[ltp] Fan-problem-solution-proposal

Florian Dorpmueller linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 06 May 2005 07:40:05 +0000

The script monitors all active sensors provided by ibm-acpi. In a R51 these
are:

1:  CPU
2:  Mini PCI Module
3:  HDD
4:  GPU
5:  Battery
6:  N/A
7:  Battery
8:  N/A

If one is over MAXTEMP than the fan starts.

The problem with the temperature of the GPU is a construction problem. It
not cooled well enough. If you like you can compare the temperature of the
CPU and the GPU and you will see that the CPU temperature goes down very
fast while the GPU sticks a long time on high values.

Flori