[ltp] Re: Dual Output Displays (works, but resolution and peformance problems)

Mark Stosberg linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 5 May 2005 00:07:13 +0000 (UTC)

On 2005-05-04, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com> wrote:

> 16 bpp is the perferred depth for dualhead.  in 24 bpp, ScreentoScreen
> copies on crtc2 cause corruption.  you can get around it by adding:
> XaaNoScreenToScreenCopy
> to the device section of your config.  I'll commit the proper fix to
> cvs once I get my T20 back from a friend.

16 bpp looks great to me. I can't tell what I'm missing. :)

>> I also set 'Options "NoAccel" in my device sections.
>
> no accel will disable acceleration, that's why the performance is so bad.

A ha.

> it should work at whatever res you chose.  please post your config and
> log somewhere.

Thanks for taking a look.

Here's my xorg.conf:
http://mark.stosberg.com/misc/xorg.conf

My log:
http://mark.stosberg.com/misc/Xorg.0.log

Once I get a working setup, I'll post it on thinkwiki.org so other T20 users
will have an easier time getting this setup.

Again, thanks.

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/