[ltp] X40, IBM's Rescue and Restore and preparation for installing Linux

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 5 May 2005 19:00:45 +1200

--nextPart1695719.JFA1eG1siC

On Thu, 05 May 2005 13:26, Tony wrote:

> I would like to create a restore disk before continuing to wipe off
> windows and install Linux, in case I have any unexpected problems I
> might need to reinstall XP.  I have not figured out yet how to create
> the recovery discs from the information on the IBM website other than
> I should be able to do so.

I pushed the "Access IBM" button, (in Windows) and found the entry that tol=
d=20
me about creating a CD set to recover my Recovery Partition.  I tried it an=
d=20
it worked.

I also pressed the button (per instructions) on boot up, and was given a GU=
I=20
(pre Windows) that let me do all those same sorts of things.

But IBM will get you a set too, I understand.

Regards,
Bret