[ltp] T43 vs. T42 fan activity? (And: Advocacy for more Linux support?)

Christopher Sawtell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 06 May 2005 20:13:49 +1200

On Fri, 06 May 2005 19:41, Ramon Cahenzli wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I recently bought a T43, more as a test machine to see if my employer would
> invest in a few more of these. In Windows, fan activity seems to be less
> than in Linux (2.6.11.7, Debian Sarge), but we've been through that whole
> subject elsewhere on the list so I'll try not to go back to that.

Putting the line:
Option      "DynamicClocks" "on"        # [<bool>]
into the Device section of the xorg.conf file made a huge reduction
in the temperature of my R40.

[ ... ]

--
C. S.