[ltp] Re: Dual Output Displays (works, but resolution and peformance problems)

Fri, 6 May 2005 09:32:48 -0400

On 5/4/05, Mark Stosberg <mark@summersault.com> wrote:
> On 2005-05-04, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > 16 bpp is the perferred depth for dualhead.  in 24 bpp, ScreentoScreen
> > copies on crtc2 cause corruption.  you can get around it by adding:
> > XaaNoScreenToScreenCopy
> > to the device section of your config.  I'll commit the proper fix to
> > cvs once I get my T20 back from a friend.
>=20
> 16 bpp looks great to me. I can't tell what I'm missing. :)
>=20
> >> I also set 'Options "NoAccel" in my device sections.
> >
> > no accel will disable acceleration, that's why the performance is so ba=
d.
>=20
> A ha.
>=20
> > it should work at whatever res you chose.  please post your config and
> > log somewhere.
>=20
> Thanks for taking a look.
>=20
> Here's my xorg.conf:
> http://mark.stosberg.com/misc/xorg.conf
>=20
> My log:
> http://mark.stosberg.com/misc/Xorg.0.log
>=20
> Once I get a working setup, I'll post it on thinkwiki.org so other T20 us=
ers
> will have an easier time getting this setup.
>=20

try adding modes to your screen configs, e.g.:

        Subsection "Display"
                Depth       16
                Modes       "1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubsection

Also, I fixed HW cursor on crtc2, so you can remove the hwcursor "false" li=
ne.

here's a sample config:
http://www.botchco.com/alex/new-savage/savage/working/XF86Config-xinerama

Let me know if you still have trouble.