[ltp] X40, IBM's Rescue and Restore and preparation for installing Linux

Adrian Pantea linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 9 May 2005 11:27:26 +0200

You could have ordered recovery CD's from IBM .. Free of charge .. I even
got a WinXP pro instead of XP home.
/adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-thinkpad.org
[mailto:linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-thinkpad.org] On Behalf Of Tony
Sent: den 5 maj 2005 15:34
To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Subject: Re: [ltp] X40, IBM's Rescue and Restore and preparation for
installing Linux

Thanks for the links.

I was eventually able to make recovery discs.  Doing so was not in the
"predesktop area" but was an application, Programs > Access IBM > Create
Recovery Discs.  It went very slow as it burned a total of 6 CDR discs at 2X
on my external usb burner.  It took about 3 hours or so to complete.  From
the labels, the first disc appears to have been the Rescue & Recovery
software and the remainder was the operating system and other software.  It
also did a verify scan on each one, so hopefully they are O.K.