Mr Ryan's auto-responder problem ... (Re: [ltp] Plese turn off James Ryan's auto responder!)

James Ryan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 9 May 2005 09:54:59 -0400 (EDT)

One or more of you apparently signed me up for some mailing lists in "retaliation" for the autoresponder incident.  Some lists were in German (unsubscribing was an adventure) and some were just spam/e-commerce sites.  I've unsubscribed, but my spam level has doubled.

You know who you are.  An apology would be appreciated.

As for the rest of you, I was heartened by your positive responses.  I won't let a few bad apples spoil my view of the list.  Thanks for the words of encouragement.

-James

PS - If the list managers have control over it, they should  upgrade to mailman 2.1.5 as soon as possible to avoid future problems.