Mr Ryan's auto-responder problem ... (Re: [ltp] Plese turn off James Ryan's auto responder!)

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 9 May 2005 14:33:18 -0400

On Mon,  9 May 2005 09:54:59 -0400 (EDT)
James Ryan <jamesr@totalinfosecurity.com> wrote:

> One or more of you apparently signed me up for some mailing lists in
> "retaliation" for the autoresponder incident.  Some lists were in German
> (unsubscribing was an adventure) and some were just spam/e-commerce
> sites.  I've unsubscribed, but my spam level has doubled.

"Unsubscribing" from spam sites probably won't help your spam load.  At
best, they ignore your unsubscribe request.  At worst, you get more spam.

Now since your message was (a long way down the chain) of a post of mine,
I'll have to say that all I did was post a slightly gimp-ed photo of your
e-mail software. :)

(After all, it's not nice to fight spam with more of it.)

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/