[ltp] Fan-problem-solution-proposal

Ovidiu Achim linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 9 May 2005 21:51:47 +0200

Hi,

First remark: GPU and PCI temperatures are critical.

For the GPU, I run 'glxgears' and I have noticed it has reached easily
68 C and has stayed  constantly over 64 C while the 3D application was
running. So I supposed a temperature of 60 C could not damage it.

For the PCI temperature I checked this spec:

http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/resources/doc_library/tech_brief/=
2200BG_ProdBrief.pdf

and saw that a temperature of 50 C (my limit) is far below 80 C which
is the max operating temperature of the module.

These are the only information I have.

Cheers,
Ovi