[ltp] 600x suspend on lid closure ??

Sebastian Voitzsch linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 10 May 2005 18:16:44 +0200

Am Dienstag, 10. Mai 2005 16:00 schrieb Dan Sawyer:
> All,
>
> The system is FC2 with a custom kernel on a 600x. The system goes into
> suspend on lid closure on battery however it will not suspend with AC
> on. Is there a way to configure a 600x to suspend on lid closure? Where
> are the suspend parameters defined to distinguish between AC and battery?

Seems you=B4re using APM. There is no way to get the TP to suspend on lid=20
closure if a) system is running on AC and b) a PCMCIA-card is inserted. Som=
e=20
consider this a bug of the APM bios, I think this behaviour is by (bad)=20
design (as the T20 has the same "bug").

The operating system doesn=B4t get a notice about the APM event if the BIOS=
=20
denies it. You can do a "cardctl eject" before closing the lid and add a=20
"cardctl insert" to your APM script.

If ACPI supports all features you need on your system you can also switch t=
o=20
ACPI. ACPI is handled by the operating system rather than the bios, so you=
=B4ll=20
get full control about the events and the actions to be done.

Sebastian