[ltp] T23: ibmacpi lcd_disable only works sometimes

Jonathan Kurtz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 11 May 2005 16:05:59 +0200

Hi list!

I don't get it. I posted various requests for help, thinking suspend2 and
lcd_disable won't work together. So I decided not to use suspend2, compiled
kernel again and wonder why it won't work either *ARGH*. Compiled the
gentoo-kernel with various ''features'' on and off, thought it hast
something to do with, but at least I'm so far: it doesn't. I don't know
whats wrong.
Interesting fact is, if I press Fn+F7 at boot time twice (or in grub eg., to
switch) then echo lcd_disable works! Suspended or not. Damn I've to cancel
some posts, not put wrong facts in the net.
Is this an known IBM bug or what could it be? I'm using an ibm bios,
downloaded two weeks ago.

best wishes,
jonathan