[ltp] SD Card reader in X40

John Sullivan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 11 May 2005 17:54:14 -0400

I'm fairly certain from some searching that the SD card reader in the X40 isn't
supported by any currently existing Linux driver, but I thought I would check
here. Anyone have it working?

I don't get any reaction from the kernel at all when I insert a card. From what
I see, other people with the same model of card reader in various laptops get
some kind of message about an unknown card type being inserted, but don't have
any luck actually getting it to work after that.

I'm using a 2.6.10 kernel. All of the config options for SD cards are enabled
at least as modules.

The card reader is part of the Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476 II (rev 8d).

--
-johnsu01
-http://www.wjsullivan.net