[ltp] T23: ibmacpi lcd_disable only works sometimes

Peter B. West linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 12 May 2005 15:33:31 +1000

Jonathan Kurtz wrote:
>>I don't get it. I posted various requests for help, thinking suspend2 and
>>lcd_disable won't work together. So I decided not to use
>>suspend2, compiled
>>kernel again and wonder why it won't work either *ARGH*. Compiled the
>>gentoo-kernel with various ''features'' on and off, thought it hast
>>something to do with, but at least I'm so far: it doesn't. I don't know
>>whats wrong.
>>Interesting fact is, if I press Fn+F7 at boot time twice (or in
>>grub eg., to
>>switch) then echo lcd_disable works! Suspended or not. Damn I've to cancel
>>some posts, not put wrong facts in the net.
>>Is this an known IBM bug or what could it be? I'm using an ibm bios,
>>downloaded two weeks ago.
>

> RTFM,
> on booting or loading passing video_switch to the ibm_acpi enables
> lcd_disable feature using ibm_acpi on my T23
> long work done,
> duck&cover
>
> greetings,
> jonathan
>

> sorry for bothering

Don't apologize.  lcd_disable doesn't work on my G41 when I
$ echo lcd_disable > /proc/acpi/ibm/video
even though I get
$ cat /proc/acpi/ibm/video
status:         supported
lcd:            enabled
crt:            disabled
dvi:            disabled
auto:           enabled
commands:       lcd_enable, lcd_disable
commands:       crt_enable, crt_disable
commands:       dvi_enable, dvi_disable
commands:       auto_enable, auto_disable
commands:       video_switch, expand_toggle

Are you saying that feeding the "video_switch" argument to the module on

Peter
--
Peter B. West <http://cv.pbw.id.au/>
Folio <http://defoe.sourceforge.net/folio/> <http://folio.bkbits.net/>