[ltp] T41p, HD getting hot (~41C) with no reason ?

François Fleuret linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 12 May 2005 14:41:27 +0200

Dear all,

I remarked that the hard-disk of my T41p gets hot with no reason
almost every day. I can work for 3 or 4 hours with the hard disk temp
between 33C and 34C (according to hddtemp logs). It gets hot for no
reason at some point up to 40C or 41C and stays there, even if I kill
all processes (i.e. everything but the kernel processes and one
bash).

It goes back to normal temperature if I reboot the machine. It is not
a hddtemp issue, since I can feel the temperature under my right hand,
which is the main problem. I also tried to load the machine to start
the fan, and it made no difference.

Any idea ? Does it smell bad ?

Cheers,

--
François Fleuret                              EPFL - CVLAB/LCN