[ltp] Re: TV output on R51, ATI M9

Thu, 12 May 2005 14:21:01 -0400

On 5/12/05, Ovidiu Achim <amorox@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>=20
> Thanks for your fast reply.
> Sorry for bothering you but I have some more questions.
>=20

don't worry about it.  I'm happy to help.

> Should it work or are there missing functions? I would like to play
> with it (maybe develop something), but without any documentation it
> seems impossible to me. Are all the needed registers already declared?
> Any docs?

I've got the docs, but I can't give them out.  All the relevant
registers are documented in the patch.  I think the problem lives in
the output<->dac mapping, but I haven't had to time to dig into it.=20
take a look at radeon_driver.c in the RADEONInit*() and
RADEONRestore*() functions.  probably the crtc1 and crtc2 variants.=20
Let me know if you need any advice or need help understanding any
chunks of the code.  Seriously.  There are no dumb questions if you
don't understand the code.

Alex