[ltp] power supply DC cords breaks?

Alejandro Bonilla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 12 May 2005 14:50:00 -0600

|Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
|
|>On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 06:52 -0700, Dan Sawyer wrote:
|>

|>>The DC cord on a couple of Thinkpad power supplies appears to have
|>>intermittent or broken. The plugs are available however I have no
|>>experience with the actual cords. Has anyone had this
|problem? If so how
|>>did you resolve it? I am thinking replacing the plug is the best way.
|>>

|>Mine broke like that about a week ago. I made an online Electronic
|>Service Call [1] to IBM and received a brand new power supply
|by DHL the
|>next morning. Kudos to IBM for their outstanding service...
|>
|>Sincerely,
|>Brix
|>
|>[1]: https://www-930.ibm.com/support/esc/
|>

|EER. Mine broken close to the actual power supply too a while ago and
|was rapidly replaced by IBM.
|BUT
|I rather think the point is that IBM should look at the number of
|failures and realise that something is designed badly.

Well, they need to have a problem/issue so that they can notice it and fix
it.

Feel free to send IBM an e-mail about this problems. They might FW the email
to someone that could care about it, and eventually fix any type of issue
they have.

After all the most evident factor that tells there is a problem, is when
there is lack of $$. So they will eventually notice.

|Regards,
|Niel

- Alejandro