[ltp] T41p, HD getting hot (~41C) with no reason ?

Martin Eslon linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 13 May 2005 18:59:43 +0300

Most HDD temperature monitoring software' go red on 44-45C, but they are=20
mostly designed for desktop computers and 3" harddrives. Laptop drives=20
should stand bit higher temperatures eg maybe up to 50C. But the rule is -=
=20
the cooler it runs the longer it runs. 41 is imho not that bad (my=20
desktop's hdds are running that temperature ; ).

PS. keep ur thinkpad's air outlet clear of obstacles...

...and pardon my english...