AW: [ltp] T23: ibmacpi lcd_disable only works sometimes

Jonathan Kurtz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 15 May 2005 15:58:35 +0200

Hi Peter!

>  lcd_disable doesn't work on my G41 when I
> $ echo lcd_disable > /proc/acpi/ibm/video
> even though I get
> $ cat /proc/acpi/ibm/video
> status:         supported
> lcd:            enabled
> crt:            disabled
> dvi:            disabled
> auto:           enabled
> commands:       lcd_enable, lcd_disable
> commands:       crt_enable, crt_disable
> commands:       dvi_enable, dvi_disable
> commands:       auto_enable, auto_disable
> commands:       video_switch, expand_toggle
>
> Are you saying that feeding the "video_switch" argument to the module on
yeah. try this. I found that out myself. First feed video_switch eg. in a
script twice, and then on my T23 lcd_disable and enable work. Even under
Xfree without any dpms option it does. Well only with savagefb it destroys
the setted resolution.
Hope it works on yours too.

bye,
jonathan